PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair exodus, what is the plan?
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2010, 18:50
Monarch Man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EK basically makes FR look like a summer camp!
I take it you failed day 1 of selection.......

There is no way out, no major EU carrier will take you, so the only escape you see is by fleeing to the Middle East
Or perhaps there are some who are fleeing the over taxed and overpriced place that is now Euroland?

In any case Bokkenrijder, you are either talking out of a place that doesn't see the light of day that often, or you are pushing your own personal agenda (heaven forbid..on PPrune???)

The usual protagonists jump up and down (moan) about EK, and yes there are all the challenges they speak of, plus a few more besides...however the extent and severity are typically overstated and misrepresented, as are the multitude of other little things that can p1ss one off living in this part of the world.
Guess what, I quite like it here, I have a lovely villa, my wife enjoys a damn sight better quality of life than she did back in europe, she drives a big big SUV that the locals avoid TYVM as even allah wont make them invunerable, and best of all, I dont even have to worry about driving to work.
I've worked for 2 carriers in the EU region, one of which you can guess who...and despite working bloody hard at times..when you swim with the tide, this place is the easiest flying job in the world.
Its ok Bokkenrijder, you vent some steam old son, meanwhile I'll take my 20 pieces of silver, my EPC discounts and various other little incentives...I'll listen to the management BS....say thanks very much, and go home and sit by the pool

I should also add that according to my sources in HR, the recruitment drive is the Ryanair/Easyjet show at the moment.