PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair exodus, what is the plan?
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2010, 18:24
Bokkenrijder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
two things are for sure:
1- you don't like EK
2- you don't know FR
Well, let's see;

1) Here's a quote from the EK thread, from a guy who actually flies there:
Dubai is perhaps the most unethical and duplicitious greedy city on the planet.
EK basically makes FR look like a summer camp!

2) Here's a quote from yourself:
Consider this: european FR pilot working 900hrs a year and making as a captain what an F/O makes in EK, without pension, without loss of licence,without healthcare, based 2/3 hours flight time away from home (maybe in an eastern european Baltic base or at the far south bottom of Europe),without tickets for his family, having to pay for uniform/ID/medicals/SIMS/hotels, forced to accept paycuts in case he gets the base of choice, forced to accept paycuts in case he upgrades to the left seat and other very civilized and democratic practices...
I do know FR, and FR is also on the list of companies that I would never fly for!

Anyway, do whatever you want, you claim to know it all. Selling your @ss, errr soul to MOL wasn't the smartest thing to begin with, and doing it all again in Dubai is a sign that you haven't leaned a thing.

I see your predicament however. By making a pact with MOL and helping FR to become a success you've dragged down T&C's in Europe, and you lack the backbone to fight for good T&C's yourself. There is no way out, no major EU carrier will take you, so the only escape you see is by fleeing to the Middle East. You folks have boxed yourself into a corner. Checkmate!

Don't say I didn't warn you!