PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair exodus, what is the plan?
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2010, 15:24
Bokkenrijder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dubai might not be the country of freedom but surely Emirates is a major step up as far as basic T&C's goes if compared to FR and considering the very young average age of the FR pilot population there are hundreds willing to give it a try.
That's why Emirates is the most common topic during the cruise at Ryanair....
Guys, I suggest you read the various EK threads on this website. Don't just sit in a FR cockpit and talk about EK with the guy/gal sitting in the seat next to you! They're probably as young, dumb, naive and clueless as yourself and are willing to brush all the negative things under the carpet because they get turned on by the sight of an EK A380.

As I said, I regularly meet and talk to EK pilots all over the world and the picture they paint is not a pretty one...

I've seldom seen such naivety and stupidity written;

you should know Ryanair's core philosophy is to drive DOWN costs (including labour) at ALL costs.
So what do you think EK is all about? You really think it's philanthropy in the UAE? Do you think they offer you even one Dollar/Dirham too much for living in DXB?
Ryanair will spot the reduction in staffing levels and will immediately offer direct entry Captains decent contracts.
Same for EK! Lot's of F/O's pilots have been screwed (read: bypassed!) by DEC's in EK.
You are talking about modern prostitutes here my friend, there is no pride nor any sort of attachment to the brand nor the flag in FR pilots, no sense of belonging whatsoever.
Good you'll like it in DXB then, because you will not find any pride in being a 3rd rate worker without a right to unionize in the UAE! You'll have the 'status' right in between a camel and a woman (a local gal that is!). Western woman are just wh*res in the eyes of the locals and the Asian domestic help are good enough to have their passports confiscated and used as modern day slaves.

This is the way is has ever been and how it always shall be at Ryanair.
You poor spineless guys will reap what you sow. With such an attitude EK will quickly discover that you guys are weak pushovers (if they haven't figured this out already!) and give you the same FR treatment. You guys will be perfect for the job: an employment history of not being a 'troublemaker,' too lazy and cowardly to grab the bull by the horns at home, and naive enough to think you can sail into a 'respectable' airline just because they fly wide bodies and pay slightly more. Hahahaha! Dream on!

You poor misguided souls never really thought this thing through now did you? EK is nothing more than a sort of 'higher cost' long haul version of FR, complete with cabin crew from the 3rd world and pilots desperate enough to join them. And of desperate and naive pilots there seems to be an endless supply...

Final tip: have a look on Youtube and search for documentaries about the UAE, what it means to have debts you can't pay off (mortgage..) and how they treat foreign workers. Last week there was a good documentary on the BBC about this issue and here's the result from a quick search;

YouTube - The Human Cost Of Dubai's Economic Meltdown

YouTube - The Human Cost Of Dubai's Economic Meltdown

Final tip: don't be stupid, naive and ill prepared, read the threads about EK here on PPRuNe!!!!!!!

Last edited by Bokkenrijder; 30th Jul 2010 at 15:45.