PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2010, 13:49
mrpony

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ulterior Motive

I restarted reading this forum following a conversation with a friend who knows someone who knows someone.....

I was challenged by my friend to find the flaw in Unite/Bassa's case that would be the eventual undoing of Bassa and huge embarrassment to Unite - a major flaw not necessarily obvious. I took me a while. I got there though and my friend has confirmed I am right.

I've stated it above but couched it in a different way leaving me feeling rather like a dirty troll, so I'll come clean:

Fact: BASSA membership numbers are much less than they are stating. A monitored ballot on strike action would reveal this and you can therefore not expect anything of the sort, ever!

Fact: Preparations have been made for a challenge to BASSA's legitimacy linked to membership numbers.

Fact: BASSA are totally and utterly at sea partly as a consequence of their obvious other failings but more particularly because it has been made known to them that the number of its members is under serious scrutiny. Unite will play dumb on this one, without too much effort.

That's all.