PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2010, 13:07
John Blakeley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JP,

Others have answered your continuing refusal to answer the fundamental questions, and what I assume you surely knew was a rhetorical question in response to my last post - I can only add that fortunately the new government have not been taken in by the bovine scatalogy regarding new and unused evidence being pedalled by MOD for the last 16 years or so. I think this extract from an item in the Argyll News sums up the situation with regard to the new Inquiry very nicely:

This review was announced to widespread welcome by Defence Secretary, Liam Fox, shortly after he took office in the coalition government formed after the general election of May this year (2010).

However, it is now being rumoured that the review is to be held in private.

It may well be that in the fierce internal rearguard action it will undoubtedly have been fighting against Liam Fox's decision, that the MoD would only ‘agree’ to an independent review if it were to be conducted in private.

In the real world, anyone under suspicion of improper behaviour would never be allowed to have a voice in the nature of an investigation into their actions.

If this review is held in private and if it eventually upholds the Wratten / Day judgment, no one will ever believe it.

The public need to hear all the evidence for themselves so that, whatever the conclusion, they can see where it is coming from. In the end, the only conclusion sure to chime with the by now well informed interested public, is one clearing the pilots of all blame and opening up the performance history of FADEC.

I am very surprised by your statement that you lack expertise on airworthiness and serviceability issues. Were you not running a very large department with responsibilities in this area at one point during your career? Indeed, weren't some of the drastic cuts to support running costs (imposed of course on you from above) that some might argue have contributed to the now very public airworthiness problems of the RAF made during that time? If I am wrong I do, of course, wholeheartedly apologise.

FAOTAAOT Many thanks.

JB