PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Job interview! Arabian Jets
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2010, 11:51
Gobble

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AJ news

I've spoken to one of the Hawker guys that fly there now. They have just started operating the Hawker and it seems they are at the beginning of some big growth.
They have a Challenger 300, Challenger 850, Hawker 400, Hawker 900, one GIV (another soon to start), BBJ, Hakwer 800, as well as another Challenger 300 and Embraer Legacy arriving.
It seems they are very aware 3/1 is not ideal but with their crewing - two capts and one fo per aircraft there will be ample opportunity to release crew early or delay start, so in practice it will be more like 2 months and a bit ON followed by 6 weeks OFF to eliminate the spare pilot sitting around costing hotels and per diems etc.
The Management have assured the new chaps one of their priorities will be to ensure the long rotation is cut short whenever possible. They all seem very positive and upbeat, new offices being furnished now with a 24/7 Flight Dispatching Department and by the sound of it, loads of recruitment coming down the line for pilots and FA's.
My interview has changed to London in 10 days time - anyone else joining me there???

Fingers crossed!