PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CityJet Cadet Scheme 2010
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2010, 10:51
eomni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Merits and demerits of 'THE SCHEME'

Does anyone have any constructive arguments on the issue? ('constructive' being the operative work)

I mean what exactly did happen with the pull-out from CityJet with CTC a few years back? Did it happen as some posters on pprune would have you believe?

Is this, pure and simply put, a money-making scheme on the part of both FTE and CJ? I mean obviously CJ are getting some sort of contract or financial 'kick-back' as it were, as well as FTE getting a guaranteed intake of trainees, so are they simply doing this for their own gain, or does anyone believe they are seriously interested in hiring the graduates? I find it hard to imagine they're doing this for the shear hell of it, although stranger things have happened.

Are CJ hiring at the minute? Do they have a hold-pool at the minute? Is it likely that even though they themselves are running the scheme, and presumably have predicted their intake need in 2012, you could automatically be put into a hold-pool? The mere thought beggars belief, but once again, stranger things have happened.

I'm struggling to find current financial / business reports for CJ to see how they're actually doing so that's where I'm a little stumped.