PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair exodus, what is the plan?
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2010, 10:23
Bokkenrijder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danger Out of the frying pan into the fire!

I regularly talk to some guys from Emirates down route, and what I hear from them does NOT make me want to fly for them. All of it (the brainwashing, the hard work, the STASI bullying tactics) remind me of my days in Easy. All of them look fatigued, overworked and NOT happy!

Sure, the lure of those shiny jets and 4 stripes is very appealing, but that's the problem with low-cost pilots in general: they only look at flying shiny jets and a quick upgrade (turbo prop --> Easy Ryan 737/A319 --> Emirates) but they always forget to look at the company! Out of the frying pan into the fire indeed!

Everybody wants it NOW; the quick upgrades, the shiny jets etc. Nobody wants to invest time into a decent company and join at the bottom of a seniority list anymore. Well, guess what: there's a price you pay for those shiny jets and those quick 4 stripes, and that price is the very reason why people now want to leave Easy and Ryan in droves! Don't make the same mistake again, if you want to leave then leave for something significantly better!

I would seriously recommend against anyone leaving a (lousy) European company with poor T&C's to fly for a (lousy) Middle Eastern company with poor T&C's, unless you're happy with the career model of always being underpaid, overworked yet flying a shiny jet with 4 stripes!

Even if you're not that happy now in Easy or Ryan you're still in Europe, and not an immigrant worker in a desert police state without any basic human rights, basically on par with these poor Pakistani and Bangladeshi workers who are slaving away on the next skyscraper.

Your much better off getting your act together and make that European company a better place to stay and work!

Now that would seriously p!ss off MOL!