PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways Update - August 2002
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2002, 21:44
MTQatar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A300Man,

QR teams in the UK will have their work cut out trying to fill up 18 flights per week from there, assuming that the LHR and MAN increased frequencies goes ahead.
Yes you are right, before Shave left he said to TTG that when they get the 2 daily's to LHR they want to have more destinations at the other end of Doha to offer more connections to make the service viable but honestly I don't think the slots will free up anytime soon. As for Manchester, they should be succesful in filling up Y-class but the route is mainly low yeild so I don't expect to see J or at least F with decent loads since the main market comprimises of South Asians living in or near Manchester. The route is succesful for EK but was a loss leader for Gulf. I geuss we will have to wait and see.

I have seen bookings to and from LHR and last year if you want a booking around October/November and make the booking this time of year the seats are wide open. I was surprised to find that this year the pre-sales upto early next year are quite strong.

Didn't hear anything about an emergency landing from Asia. Do you have any more details?
In my conversations with people in QR today it was not mentioned. It is either it never happened, or they were told not to mention it by the management.

BTW A300Man send me an email to my new address which I will email to you.

Count Von Altibar
AFAIK you can go from the A320 to the A330 with QR. The first A330 was manned solely by pilots who have moved up to the A330.

Giza,
Always happy to help