PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Logging taxi time for aborted flight
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2010, 08:33
hatzflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this for real ? Are you so short of time that you have to log taxi time?
You were given 16knts but only cleared for 15 so you didn't go ?
I've never known the wind to be so constant in all the years I've been flying that one knot makes so much difference.Surely it would have been fluctuating a few knots iether way?
I could absolutely understand you saying that you were not comfortable flying in conditions that approached the maximum that you had experienced, and I would say that was a wise decision.
What worries me about your post is the exactness of the statement,i.e. one knot. Flying is all about experience and experience teaches you that it is not an exact science.The world is full of hedges with holes in them where pilots have shoved planes through them because the flight manual said they would take off in the required distance and they took that to be absolute whilst not factoring in other related data (eg length of grass).
The point that I am trying to make is not to get into the trap of being too exact in your flying. Your decision not to take off was a wise one, you shouldn't go if you are not happy for whatever reason.
Good luck with your progress !