PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Pel Air vs RFDS for the Air Ambulance contract in Australia
Old 30th Jul 2010, 05:19
morno

Received 319 Likes on 119 Posts
Lester,
I can't personally attest to the training every other operator provides. I have no problem admitting that.

I base my view that I posted, on my own personal experience and also the views of other colleagues with whom I work. The cross section of experience throughout the RFDS is immense, both with hours flown, years in the industry and the various backgrounds from which we all come. Major airlines (both locally and from overseas), GA, regional airlines, the corporate industry, the list goes on. Every RFDS pilot, both past and present, boasts about the level of checking and training through which we are put through, as being among the best they have ever experienced.

While I'm not at all saying that what other organisations have is inadequate or rubbish, if anyone asks me on what basis does RFDS have the "best training", rest assured I can safely say that RFDS is up there among the best when it comes to the training that we are put through, simply by what my 100 or so other colleagues Australia wide, as well as the many who have since moved on, say in comparison to many other places they've worked.

morno