PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More Q400's for QF Link..
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2010, 03:35
Skynews

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While this has no effect on me what so ever, I have to wonder about your logic.
Who cares whether you have 747 incorporated in your EBA? Have you looked at the Fair Work minimum pay lately?

NJS 717 pilots aren't far above the minimum, in fact the B scale pilots may be below it , that means there is no room to undercut in terms of conditions. If your EBA has a lower rate of pay than they are on it may need revising to meet minimum pay requirements.

Seriously consider making 100 pilots redundant, training another 100 from props to jets, and then looking to refill their prop spots with new hires. Of course there are plenty of other scenarios, all going to cost a **** load of money in training, moving costs etc etc.
What we are really talking about is starting a completely new operation in the west.

That's before the failure rate is considered. History indicates that it is considerable, I.e. Props to jet command.

That is not to say prop pilots are not as competent, I suspect and am aware of guys with considerable jet time failing when going back to props after a long time away.

There is no suggestion in the posts that I have read about the demise of the Dash, infect the opposite. I have also heard "the word is" that Cobham are likely to operate the Dash in WA. They already have all the infrastructure, hangars, ops support, engineers licensed on type, and pprovals for the 400 series. Their pilots are on lesser pay than Sunstate, which you see as important and their pilot base is very stable, unlike The eastern state QF link companies.

Simply, I suspect Cobham or who ever buys them are more likely to be the new operators.

But who really knows