PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish ATC
Thread: Spanish ATC
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2010, 20:04
Touch'n'oops

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
p_perez

After reading what is on here concerning the changes Spanish ATC is going through, I do have sympathy for your cause.

I would like to give you and your colleagues my full support, but not before you help me understand a couple of stumbling blocks I have. Apologies if you have already covered the points.

1. The action taken by Controllers is obviously not working and in our eyes (Pilots') it is ineffective. Why are there no organised walk outs as the French have done?

2. During this action why are Spanish aircraft blatantly being given priority over foreign aircraft on Approach/Take-Off? (Please don't deny this. It is incredibly obvious, as we pilots have TCAS showing all aircraft 40nm around our plane. When an aircraft 20nm behind and 4,000ft higher gets in-front of me, while I'm off on some obscure headings it never surprises me that it turns out to be Spanish.)

So I implore you, go back to your colleagues, get rid of the signs in your centre and really take action and make sure it is applied to EVERYONE fairly. Make the right people hurt, because this action is only hurting your cause and foreign airlines.

Publicise your cause. Contact pilot unions in other countries and encourage them to inform pilots what you are fighting for and how you are doing it.

As soon as the action you take starts to make sense to us you will find a lot of support on the radio!