PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish ATC
Thread: Spanish ATC
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2010, 17:16
250 kts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JW411,

You miss my point completely. Telstar seems to give the impression that by sacking them all you get a usable ATC service the very next day which unlike piloting is simply not the case.

If he and his company are happy to go down this line and potentially experience many,many months of delays whilst the number of valed controllers is replenished then fine.

At no stage do I defend what is going on in Spain either from an ATC or AENA point of view. It is clear from the video that emotions are running high and un-professionalism is creeping in on both sides.

Only AENA and the unions getting round the table is going to help alleviate the present situation and neither side is likely to actually win the war. At best an uncomfortable agreement will be reached which may continue to lead to mis-trust between the 2 sides. Not brilliant in a safety conscious environment.

Common sense seems to have been forgotten by both sides here.

It's at times like this that I'm glad I work for an ANSP that puts safety right at the top of the list. Not something MOL seems to do according to his interview for the Sunday Times where costs and prices come ahead of safety and efficiency.

Now if I could only be so confident that safety will stay at the top if we are fully privatised.

Last edited by 250 kts; 29th Jul 2010 at 18:06.