PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2010, 17:00
ClaretDave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two months should be ample time tkolekar. I took a week to prepare for mine. The thing with assessment one is - you either can do it or you can't do it. The first part is your NATS knowledge from the pdf file. Someone further up doubted how much detail you should learn it in - the thing is if I said just learn the FL's of the different aircraft and they then asked how many seats were in a 747 then I would look pretty stupid - so learn ALL of the pdf and you will be ok. The numeracy test is mainly speed/distance/time calculations requiring a reasonable understanding of basic arithmetic - no calculators allowed. After those two tests - if you have failed them you will be sent home. The spatial reasoning test is exactly as described previously with the cubes. I guess the assessors are looking for accuracy here rather than fully completing the test. If you rush through all 40(?) of the questions in the time required but only get 20 of them right then I would think the assessors would take a dimmer view than if you only answered 25 of them in the same amount of time but still got 20 right. Obviously, to be an ATC you need to get it right a VERY high percentage of the time! The diagramming test will I think be assessed in the same way. If it helps, I think I answered 23/40 and 33/50 on the two respective tests and I was ready to bang my head on the table at the end! - I aint got a clue how many I got right though