PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Teaching people to land a PA28
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2010, 15:10
Ryan5252

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow.... a PPL with less than one years experience comes on the instructor form to tell tell us instructors how to fly airplanes. What other pearls of wisdom do you have for us guys who have been doing it for 20 + yrs
BPF,
Apologies if I caused you some confusion. It has been known (at least to me) that Students and PPL holders alike post their own views on these boards in addition to the well informed instructors. My post was only my take on the subject so far - which I thought was a fair point. You may be so kind as to go back and re-read my post again and you will note that the views expressed where far from telling "instructors how to fly airplanes" and the views contained were indeed IMHO (In my humble opinion). Nor did I present them as pearls of wisdom. Though since you asked what other pearls of wisdom I have for you, I would suggest reading a post and taking it for what it is. When you have done that, if you disagree with the content of the post I (as a lowly PPL Holder with less than one year's experience) have made you might be so kind to highlight the mistake and what you feel would be a better approach.

That said I agree entirely with say again slowly below and this is the point I was getting at;
Get the speed/energy management right, close the damn throttle and don't land on the nosewheel. Job done.
As a final note, I would ask you BPF, in your 20+ years experience if you have possibly met two types of pilots? One who reads all he can and absorbs knowledge passed on by those with significantly more experience (and gets involved in debate rightly or wrongly) and those who take the limited experience they have and it use it tell others less experienced what they are doing wrong?

I have met both!

Ryan