PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is BA still the Holy Grail of airlines?!
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2010, 13:58
Chief Brody

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Am generally happy with life at BA.

Good DEP salary with yearly increments too that aren't just a token jesture.

No bond.

Good travel perks.

Crew food is good for the most part.

Fly lots of line trips with trainers who are all very approachable.

Standard of training I find to be very good and done at social hours - in my experience.

There's the scope to move onto bigger things and almost everybodys cool with the concept of seniority - meaning all good things to those who wait.

Linked to the above, yes time to command can be a long time - but in which legacy carrier isn't it?

True the atmosphere now what with the CC can be trying at times, but it will come to an end and on the horizon we have more 777s/320s on the order books, in addition to the 787 and 380 to look forward to. Not to mention the new LH routes being considered.

One thing I do think is a bit luke warm is our advertising department. What was that last TV ad campaign all about - wilderbeast running across the African plains etc etc??? How long was it on telly for - six weeks?? Why didn't we highlight all the great things that have happened since our last TV ad - T5, London City to JFK, the new club clsss product, new first class, flying the Olympic team home from Beijing etc!

I'm no advertising guru and by no means do I have satchi and satchi on speed dial but this was a good tv ad - a solid mix of cheesiness, class and patriotism (you need sound and I advise full screen mode).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V64IMaou8lU&NR=1

Advertising rant over, I enjoy going to work each day - is it the company or the people that make that so - probably both. Have got lots of respect for BA.

CB

Last edited by Chief Brody; 30th Jul 2010 at 10:08.