PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2010, 13:39
Diplome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Safety Concern:

Human rights breach isn't good publicity. But that is what makes this so fascinating. A real time, live lesson in how not to conduct industrial relations

I don't feel that BA have much to worry about in regards to fallout from a "human rights breach" even if they were on the receiving end of a negative court decision.

The vast majority of the flying public are well aware of what an almost distasteful use this is of a system that was designed to protect much more significant abuses of individuals.

I believe that anyone who feels BA has absolutely no exposure is looking through rose-colored glasses. However, as has been noted above, BA is making business decisions and even if in two or three years time a positive decision was obtained by BASSA, BA's position still may represent a sound business policy.

What I don't see happening is BASSA membership holding their representatives to account for some absolutely inane conduct. One has only to read Mr. Holley's latest missive which contains five paragraphs of rambling absolutely devoid of anything but "We'll get back to you" to understand that this is a rather militant faction that will accept any abuse from their leaders.

All sorts of interesting issues surrounding this situation, but many not really relevant to the events in the immediate future.