PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2010, 11:59
LD12986

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On the subject of the BASSA reps, I think there's a strong case that they have been grossly negligent in fulfilling their duties, as per my post below:

On the subject of liability, I wonder whether there is a case for current/former members of BASSA to make a claim against the union for gross negligence, for the following:

- Repeatedly failing to attend meetings with the company and properly participate in those meetings it did attend (see High Court judgment and BASSA's dismissive reference to "a presentation by a junior financial clerk from Waterside" which it refused to sit through)

- Not putting the company's original and reasonable offer to its members

- Misrepresenting the company's position to its members

- Making false representations to the membership (see Duncan Holley's "100% true" claim that the pilots were blocking the return of staff travel)

- Allowing its own internet forum to be used to encourage CC to threaten and intimidate non-strikers

- Failing to allow the company's offer before the first strikes to be put to a ballot of the membership even though Willie Walsh allowed an extension to the deadline to call a strike to allow the ballot to happen

- Making false statements regarding staff travel ("it will be back in 5 minutes!")

- Making false statements regarding the impact of the strikes

If anyone should be stepping aside to secure agreement its the BASSA reps, not least those who have been sacked and have no interest in the long term health of the company.