PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2010, 11:23
Safety Concerns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@oggers, I am genuinely not trying to elevate any point above another. All I am saying is that the tactic of using staff travel as a weapon is fundamentally wrong and should be considered in isolation.

I actually agree with many posters on the strike issue itself but you cannot allow stupidity, opinions or the right to strike be punished unless somebody somewhere has done something wrong. It is a fundamental principle we all share and enjoy and is a basic of peaceful, civilized life. Lynch mobs, arbitrary punishments, mobbing you name it, belongs elsewhere and not in the 21st century.

And if you wish to counter with but Bassa members have done this and that forget it. If they have behaved inappropriately there are procedures to deal with it and if proven may even result in the removal of staff travel.

As much as we may detest such behaviour, we cannot punish until proven guilty.

@litebulbs this is what makes this interesting. It has serious consequences at many levels depending on what happens next. I suspect Unite will be briefing as they genuinely perceive the situation. We need to accept that may not be as we perceive it.

Their lawyers obviously have a contradictory opinion to those of BA's lawyers. Unfortunately we will have to wait and see!