PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2010, 10:26
Safety Concerns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@oggers you are missing the point completely. I may even agree with your final statement but at the end of the day it has nothing to do with the staff travel issue. Detach the two, separate them and then look at the issue of punishing innocent people. Do you agree with punishing innocent people?

Having done, as you say, "THINK" I would argue that the bigger danger here is allowing a union to pursue reckless and unjustified IA without regard to the consequences for the wider workforce, public and all the ordinary people who have invested.
Again this is your take on the situation and in fact mine as an outsider. However it is still only an opinion as there is obviously disagreement between two sides. Even if you take the opposing view, it does not give you the right to punish those on the other side.

@litebulbs. My heart tells me that any right minded judge will force the FULL reinstatement of staff travel as it was prior to the dispute. My head tells me that the outcome will set a precedent (if it goes that far) that could go either way.