PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 29th Jul 2010, 01:01
deefer dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Duncan,

I have been following most of the threads on the forum etc
and now realise that I fu@@ed up

Although it has been quiet this last week since the consultative ballot rejected the latest BA offer
Quiet! You said you had read the forums, and you call that quiet? Maybe for you and Lizanne, but for those who have not yet decided to relinquish their membership of BASSA there has been an extremely LOUD cry of "where is Duncan, and what has he got to say."

that doesn’t mean to say, the reps have not been watching things closely and pondering our next moves and the best tactics.
So your ponderings have resulted in, err what exactly? An email to say that you are still "pondering" but now you wish to do it in secret?

This week Lizanne has been on leave
Fantastic, and I'm sure everyone hopes she had a great time escaping the crisis Perfect timing. What drugs do you guys use bye the way?

and several others are "unavailable" for various reasons I don’t want to make public
. Will you tell us later, when its all over? Obviously we don't doubt that you were working hard to find a resolution or compromise for all of your fee paying members, but it would be nice to know at a later date exactly what the secret mission was, and the reason for no word from you.

but the Branch Committee is convening next Monday and we will then decide whether to call a branch meeting, depending on several things
Could you please tell us who exactly will be at the meeting on Monday, and why on earth you would decide NOT to call a branch meeting. Does the current crisis NOT deserve a branch meeting in your opinion?

"talks" scheduled to take place between Woodley and Walsh next week.
Oh yeah? So what dates exactly would they be scheduled for then? And will you be brave enough to actually sit in the same room as those you are supposed to be negotiating with?

We are very aware of the need - following the ballot - to get together
A "get together?" You mean you haven't bothered to do this already? What, pray have you been doing apart from drowning your sorrows, taking vacations and "pondering?"

and re-focus everone’s minds
or get to grips with reality befotre its too late.

but also the fact that branch meetings need to be called for a specific purpose

Yeah, but do you have a clue as to what this purpose might be....or are you still "pondering" while Lizanne sun bathes?

Timing is of the utmost importance
And like your are an expert on timing - calling a strike when the company is making record losses, and when the economy is in dire straights.

so please bear with us on this as there may well be a reason for "selecting" a date for us all to get together. At the moment - if there is to be a meeting - we are looking at the 10/11/12 of August but please only pencil that in for now.
IF there is to be a meeting? What do you mean by IF. Surely all those that followed your strike call deserve some kind of explanation of what your intentions are. Your emails give nothing away, so surely a meeting must be planned...as soon as you have all completed your vacations and pontifications of course.

While everyone wants this dispute settled quickly you must remember the person who gains most by a quick resolution is Walsh;
Like you said at the beginning of the sentence....everyone wants this dispute settled quickly! Just like you promised it would be.

he would love nothing better to ride off into his Spanish sunset on his trusty white donkey, bounuses intact and able to boast that he had seen off BASSA.
He will do that for sure dude....you can count on that

We always said this was not a sprint but a marathon
No you didn't - you PROMISED ST back in 5 minutes.

Justice Cox permitting
In your wildest and wettest dreams.

With all due respect Duncan, I am of the opinion that you are not fit for purpose. I suspect that like BA, the BASSA membership will soon let you go. Please take my advise when that day comes, and do not enter into any profession that requires a talent for negotiation or communication, and whatever you do - don't take BASSA to a tribunal for dismissing you!!!