PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair exodus, what is the plan?
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2010, 23:00
ryanairpilotSTN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In Ryanair it is very simple to find out information if you ask a base supervisor or anyone in the offices in STN. So asked in STN tonight. The inflight supers have access to all reports in every base.

Exodus my ass - 9 Captains and 9 Copilots leaving in total over the next three months. Four to Emirates - 1 Cp and 3 Co-jo - 2 to FlyDubai a Cp and a CoJo. I know 2 of the CoJos leaving to Emirates and both failed command in STN twice. Over a year that is maybe 80-100 leaving in total out of 2600.

As trainers all briefed that 3 OCC courses cancelled - replaced with Command courses. DEC courses end next March. No plans to ever hire DE FO's as it takes winter and 2 SIMS to get into command process.

MugaB running crewing very tight. CoJos getting a lot of hours.

FR data very easy to find out. In STN the sign in sheet and Netline are on desks to all crew members and you can easily see how many crew in base and work out crewing from a/c numbers. It looks like we are down in STN to approx 160 Cp and 160 Fos which is really just enough for winter a/c. Same data easy to get at all other bases.

MugaB rumoured to be leaving FR for EZYland to fix the crewing issues which is what he did at Ryanair in 06. He looks ill to me - very gaunt. Good riddance.

Ryanair real problems are creating revenue. Straying from the model with all these long flights - ops I did on many Canaries flights with less than 50% last Winter.

Bizzare - Worked floating in DUB for a few weeks and carried up and down to ORK twice in a week a head marketing guy who seems to commute daily to DUB. Not very Ryanair style. We had to delay flights twice and lie for his commute. He never said as much as thanks. New commercial staff would help I think. There will be no pay increases unless they fix how to get more cash in the L1 door.