PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger
Thread: Tiger
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2010, 22:06
thornycactus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by johannschmith
They are cancelling a couple of flights every day because they haven't got Captains to fly them (not because they have no passengers).
I see.

One captain told me that even his sim training was being cancelled to operate flights. There are Mandala pilots joining soon but Tiger is desperately short of training captains so I wonder how they'll be trained.
I see.

Don't forget, this is a company that has made profits for the past three years yet has never given their pilots a pay rise while the CEO gives himself a handy 10 million shares in the IPO.

Yet another case of the rich getting richer and the poor having to make do with 3K a month which won't cover your rent in Singapore. Sure go there if you're desperate but don't expect to make a living wage. Use them the same way they'll use you. If you don't need that, then stay away. In any case Jetstar is offering a better deal in Singapore so why go to Tiger when that option is open?
Well said.

Emirates are here in Singapore early August (and in KL and Hong Kong) and just watch the Tiger and Jetstar guys get snapped up because they have what Emirates want and there are many ex-Tiger and ex-Jetstar guys in Emirates
Tiger long should have expected this.

Tiger does not train and bond pilots right from the beginning.