PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristol Met / Gen Nav sessions.
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2010, 15:24
pitot_noob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh yes, I am not saying don't hit the bank.. it would be foolish if you didn't, because everyone else does and you need to be competitive to give you the best shot of a job at the end (if g/s really matters for that anyway.... but it all helps with the 'big picture' of who you are and how hard you work'.)

I just disagreed with the person who said
Your focus is being able to get decent scores on the question bank, not developing an in-depth understanding of the material.
I personally think you DO want an in-depth understanding before sitting the exams, but the last minute revision should be question bank style, whilst bearing in mind all the Qs&As on the bank won't be correct.

There are a lot of catch you outs in the exam so undoubtedly the QB does help, but there are equally some questions that if you don't understand the core principles, you wont have a clue! I sat my exams in the early part of this year and they were certainly not all from the QB!

Also, the main reason behind learning the subject matter is for a lot of the airline interviews, you're going to be quized on your technical knowledge. Some may only want basic but you never know what sort of level of understanding will be needed on the day, so it makes sense to be as prepared as you can be!

Anyway, all the best and good luck!