PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LAA CEO Good Value?
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2010, 10:15
peter272

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Peter (Robin DR200 series?) whether or not LAA can 'adopt' a type for Permit is, unfortunately, not LAA's decision. The CAA/EASA take the view, and I suspect that it is also tied in with ICAO, that if an aircraft is able to have a Certificate of Airworthiness, then it has to have one and cannot be orphaned off to a Permit to Fly. The measure of CoA acceptability is whether there is a Type Certificate Holder, and the Robin 200 series and up Type Certificates are still extant. Unless Apex (or Finch, not sure who legally owns them now) decide to relinquish the TC, as Apex did with DR1050 and D140 a while back, they will have to stay on CoA.
Thanks Brian

I am (so are the other DR200-series owners) fully aware of the reasons for remaining on CofA and the sneaky way it was done.

My point is that EASA and CAA are doing nothing and feel no need to do anything, hiding behind legislation they could change tomorrow, given the will to do so.

What is needed is a shove (or something stronger) from elsewhere . But it would seem that the LAA is not looking to engage in this either, waiting, perhaps, for the day when they are asked to take us on.