PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair exodus, what is the plan?
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2010, 09:16
bia botal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
very interested in your comments. To my knowledge there has been NO "COMPANY" spin with regard to a possible order of 787s, so how can you be sure that they would go for 777. Have you got this on good authority?
The company has just thrown it out there via the erc in dublin. Like i said it's just spin, you may not have heard it yet, it just depends on how close to the axle you are when it starts. As for the fuel savings you suggest, you can buy an awful lot of gas with the difference in the price of a new 787 v and old 777.

There will i am sure be any amount of stories of how many people are leaving, how many guys have pulled off OCC courses, etc. i would imagine ryr will be the only ones who really know the truth, and for the remainder of this year i don't see a big problem as the winter slow down will ease pressure, but as we all know its the left seat thats a problem for them and with most captains already doing the odd day off for them to create stby's there is obviously a shortage, any captains leaving that are not being replaced by sfo is where the trouble starts for them, for every 4 that go it's a plane not operating next year, thats before you factor in new aircraft. We may well see a return to the days prior 06 when aircraft were wet leased to help run the schedule. Will it mean a change in the t&c conditions, properly in the short term not, will it mean mol walks around cursing the need for pilots at all, most certainly, the only way i would imagine that increases in t&c will happen will be on a one to one bases.