PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod MRA.4
Thread: Nimrod MRA.4
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2010, 07:00
Magic Mushroom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RAAF has had P-3's permanently deployed to ME {Iraq and A/Stan] for the past 7 years....along with a C-130 detachment. Our C-17's are involved supporting the show in A/Stan.
Yep, your AT fleet and AP-3Cs have contributed for 7 whole years. Your CRC is also in the Stan.

However, aside from bravely defending Diego Garcia and a token appearance during the invasion of Iraq (where a variety of factors limited your FA-18s contribution somewhat) where have your AAR assets, F-111s, FA-18As and new FA-18Fs been during the Iraqi NFZ, Iraq post 2003 and Afghanistan ops?

I appreciate that you have homeland commitments. I appreciate you need to focus public spending on improving the standard of your national cricket team. However, even the Aussies I've served with are a tad embarrassed at that fact. At a time when fast air is at a premium, you'll understand that many in the UK and US wonder why you don't make a more proactive contribution.

The Dutch, Belgians, Norwegians, Italians, Turks, Germans have already contributed. The Singaporeans look like they'll also join the party. Where's RAAF fast air?

Genuine question.

Regards,
MM