PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Electronic Logbooks (Downloadable!)
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2010, 05:17
Massey058

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
5 years ago now I got a copy of the excel logbook created by Lasiorhinus. Over time I have modified it a bit and included formulas for hours flown in 7, 30, 90, 365 days.

I haven't got very far on setting up the print settings so that it shows a running total of all the hours for each printable page but when I do print it I just print a new copy of the front as well. However it does the trick and having converted it to *.xlsm it is a remarkably small file at 310 kb (Just under 2000 hours worth). I do still maintain my paper logbook as I think it would be nice to have it on the bookshelf one day to look back on. That and it forms part of my overly paranoid quintuple redundancy.

I keep my duty hours on a separate company spreadsheet but I do quite like the look of the one that das Uber Soldat has uploaded.

I'm still sceptical of Apple in general (and a MacBook is too heavy for my nomadic lifestyle although that psuedo EFB iPad is tempting), not that I'm a fan of Windows but at least I have all the data stored if I eventually cave to to the will of Steve Jobs.

CAA NZ do not explicitly prohibit electronic logbooks like CASA.