PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alien owning N reg aircraft
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2010, 01:04
winglit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alien owning N reg aircraft

I am just about to embark on the exciting adventure of becoming a pilot! Although I've been in the aviation game for some 24 years in maintenance.

I am a British licensed aircraft engineer with EASA licenses and also the holder of an FAA A&P. I am an overseas station engineer for a UK charter outfit based in the Dominican Republic. I also live here with my Dad, who is a retired flight engineer with FAA CPL/IR.

The plan is to go to Florida this fall and do the accelerated private pilot course over a month. My Dad will be refreshing his license too.

The next plan is to buy a C172 in the States and bring it down to the DR. We want to keep it on the N reg as we will both have FAA licenses and obviously I can maintain it with my A&P. Although I don't hold AI, we'll probably hop over to Puerto Rico every year for it's annual. But we really want to avoid importing it to the DR and putting it on the Dominican register.

So the question is; how can two Brits legally own and operate this Cessna on the N reg in the Dominican Republic?