PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Viking Airlines
Thread: Viking Airlines
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2010, 10:54
Boo37dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would not touch them with a bargepole again

Can someone explain to me why on earth we arrived at Paphos Airport on Sunday evening at 9.30pm on 25 July ready to catch our flight to Glasgow scheduled to leave at 11.50pm only to be told that we couldnt board and would have to stay in a hotel for the night and catch another flight in the morning. This happened to a number of passengers arriving at this time. We have since been told that due to the Greek air strike which we appreciate is out of everyones control but to actually let 160 people board the plane and then take off early without us and not inform us either was disgusting. The flight apparently took off at 11pm which was enough time to get the remaining 25 passengers on board I would think, we were not told it had left early, check in staff just kept passing the buck saying it was the strike and not telling us the aircraft was waiting. We caught a flight the next day to MANCHESTER and on board no one even knew about our dilmena until we told the captain and crew, they eventually got us sorted out with a mini bus to Glasgow so another 4 hour drive. Not a great end to the holiday at all and I would never fly with them again, on board it was freezing, this is def a ploy to sell the blankets I would think, it was the same on the way out. Our flight was delayed by 2 hours on the way out and nothing was mentioned of the fact. Yes I know there are delays but this airline is dodgy and the comments of everyone ring alarm bells, I wish I had listened.