PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA suspend Alan Mann Helicopters Operating Licence
Old 27th Jul 2010, 08:50
ChippyChop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Luck Boys!!

Great shot of the Bell 47 at Battersea!! It makes you realise just how regulated the industry has become, I'll bet in its day the 47 could fly all over London even though it wasn't a twin. I wonder how many helicopters have crashed in London and how many lives have been lost that has resulted in the added regulations? All this regulation has made helicopter aviation businesses very expensive to run and as a result the industry cointinues to shrink. It would be a brave man who would now start a helicopter charter operation in this country.

AMH needed some new blood and I think the new boys will reposition the business where the revenue is rather than relying on a couple of key customers, who inevitiably got poached by lower costs.

I really think its time the CAA had a good look at what it has done to the industry. The ultimate in safety would be to have no one flying in helicopters (think of volcanic ash as an example) if the industry keeps going the way it is that's how we'll end up (ulitmate pessimistic view here).

How many people were flown in and out of Silverstone safely? By how many helicopters? Was it all done safely and were there single engined helicopters involved, of course there were and congratulations to all involved.

Good luck boys you have a great name to trade on, a great location and an opportunity to redefine yourselves!!