PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Operators that you WON'T be joining??
Old 27th Jul 2010, 02:10
Dan Winterland

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Quote ''Why would they wanna go back, looking at the current state of UK? Would they wanna go back for the great education system for their kids? Health care system? Great weather? I think in many ways Europe, not only UK, is loosing its advantages, certainly compared to many places in Asia where you can find international schools, private (and good!) health care, better lifestyle, much better value for money''.

I made the break six years ago when I realised I would not be able to pay for a decent education for my kids. UK state schools were not a viable option. I work in Asia for a company with some of the best Ts and Cs in the industry, am enjoying life and can't see myself returning to the UK.

My company is very forward thinking compared with UK operators. It returned to profitability as soon as the recession was over. It didn't make anyone redundant during - as it knew it would be hard to recruit afterwards and also appreciated the effect it would have on morale. All recruitment this year is through the company cadet scheme where the cadets have to contribute nothing towards their training and receive good remuneration on a full time contract on graduation.

Having just visited the UK and having spoken to some of my friends who work for "Low Cost" operators, I don't know why they put up with all that cr@p. I use inverted commas to describe these operators as low cost as I recently took one of these flights in Europe. The fares seemed low enough on the internet, but once I added all the charges (including the ''on-line booking fee'' where I had to pay for the priviledge of using my own printer ink to print out my boarding card) the cost was far from "low''. And the flight itself was a pretty unpleasant experience.

I will do all I can to not have to work for this sort of airline.