PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2010, 21:25
h&s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The "new" rostering system is Andy Harrison baby to drive cost down - and threw revenue by the window?

I, and others, warned in January that the airline were facing a chaos situation this summer due to this non sense, so they can't say they had no time to fix it. They knew it and they didn't do anything for their passengers.

That is just another example of how totally mis-managed the airline is at the moment, and I am actually very surprised financial markets do not punish it. Few examples among others:

- NO strategy: or even worst - total contradiction between strategy and actions. Strategy was to gain more business high yield passengers, which are very time sensitive, and what did the airline - new rostering system that causes huge delays and turn back many business PAX to legacies, well done! But also still no loyalty card (still remember a guy asking Andy Harrison why we don't have one, and Andy to reply "not low cost business model", and the guy to reply "but Southwest has one!", reply from Andy: "o, I didn't know"!!!), or schedule/network strategy to increase average frequence per route whereas they actually launch only ryanair-like part weekly route (eg. FCOTLS, MANGOT, LGWZAG etc) etc

- Rubbish revenue management: list is so long but we can see Istanbul totally sold out ex London for the next ... 11 days (!), Porto for the next 13 days, Olbia next 7 days, Nice 6 days, CPH, Paphos, Lisbon etc etc. What a huge waste of revenue opportunities!

- Unbelievable network choice: how can we think we can make more money with Doncaster (big dog) than with EMA???

- 2 years to develop a new website and still not implemented (btw, the new version is so horrible to use, especially the search again button which never works)

As said in May, easyJet is actually evidence that a messy company can actually still make money, and very well managed one going bankrupt or dissapear (eg. Go). A good lesson, even if a bit dark