PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod MRA.4
Thread: Nimrod MRA.4
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2010, 19:15
Biggus

Received 72 Likes on 33 Posts
Roland,

I'm aware of China's "cyber war" activities as you call them. As well as resource gathering (food, minerals, fuel) in such places as Africa (do you want offshore block numbers....who is China's partner in Block 18 off Angola, what % of African oil goes to China in comparison to say the USA or the EU?), South America and other parts of the world.

Much of this is to continue to fuel growth and expansion of a Chinese EXPORT led economy.

Then again, in 2005 Congress blocked the commercial sale of the Union Oil Company of California to CNOOC on strategic grounds. I'm not saying that was right or wrong, but on that basis the Chinese decided (once again I'm saying it was right or wrong) that they couldn't rely on the world open market to get oil. If you were in charge of a country with a rapidly expanding economy and found you couldn't guarantee to buy oil on the open market what would you do........

I can, and do read extensively. I feel we will have to agree to differ on our interpretations of China. I don't say the Chinese are saints, far from it, but they need us as much as we are coming to need them. Once again, I'm not saying that is a good thing, just that it is happening......

Anyway - WHEN IS THE FIRST MRA4 ARRIVING AT KINLOSS?

Last edited by Biggus; 26th Jul 2010 at 19:29.