PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 26th Jul 2010, 16:08
Duggie Fashion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well the chickens are coming home to roost now. You live by the sword and you die by the sword.

Now BA are on the receiving end of a mountain of litigation. There is still the appeal to come in October, which they stand a real chance of losing, otherwise part of the "final solution" sorry I mean offer, would not have been to drop all litigation against the airline.

How disappointed you must all be here. Most of you in other departments rolled over and took Willies pill, whilst the cabin crew have fought against a tyrannical management and CEO. Now you act as emissaries for a failed management still trying to find different angles in which to criticise BASSA and the thousands of its members that made a stand. At the end of the day, a mostly female workforce has stood up to a bully. Shame on the rest of you.

I see that BP shares rose today and added £2bn to the value of the company with the news that CEO Tony Hayward has fallen on his sword. Considering BA shares are half of what they were when Walsh took over, how much would they rise if there was a change of CEO at BA? I reckon they would go up to £12 with all the good news lately about the merger and the alliance.

Tony Hayward wasn't worth £2bn and certainly Willie Walsh is depressing share values at BA. How much would BA shares rise when he goes?