PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LHR Slots
Thread: LHR Slots
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2010, 12:36
Megaton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LHR Slots

Probably not very clear title but I'm interested in slots into Heathrow. Last Wed or Thur (can't remember exactly which day) we were given 30-40 min slot delays into LHR due airfield weather. Now, as far as we could tell the weather at LHR was as good as it gets. We also checked approach winds and there was nothing stronger than about 15 kts at FL100. So why the slot delays and why weather?

Interestingly, a couple of days later we were given a 2 hr slot delay from LIS-LHR due to......sickness. Now this sounded much more plausible.

On a different issue, I called "ready" at LHR a couple of days ago to be met with a very sarcastic remark regarding the steps still being attached. I replied that they were being moved as we spoke to which the reply was something along the lines of "Well I'll be watching them move then." Now I realise that it's not unheard of at LHR for pilots to call "ready" with doors open etc but if ATC wish to discuss our honesty then perhaps a call to the company would be more appropriate than clogging the radio with sarcasm.

ps LHR still far and away the best ATC environment we work in though! One controller on a bad day perhaps?