PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish ATC
Thread: Spanish ATC
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2010, 11:35
Spunky Monkey

Received 272 Likes on 55 Posts
Gonzo

The ATIS in Palma was warning a 20 minute taxi time. So when we called up for start, we were told to call again 20 minutes before our CTOT. However we could see the runway and there were at least 8 aircraft waiting to enter the runway. So even with the best will in the world, we would not have made our slot.

That is after the slot had been kicked out once. Then the new slot time was going up and down like a set of whore's draws.

We eventually got airbourne, 50 minutes after our slot time.

In the last 3 days I have been delayed in and out of Spain 8 hours. Funnily enough the only flights that were on time were the Iberia positioning flights.
Funny co-incidence.

411A

There was nothing to conflict...Your arguemet was about us flying the SID and the flight plan. However we were restricted, for 100NM which was not part of our flight plan.

Our flight plan was FL 380 not FL 240, so how is that keeping to the Flight Plan.

Also the aircraft I fly is not designed to carry several extra tonnes of fuel, for contigency. If I was into conspiracy theories, combined with the 70kts headwind, I would suggest that they knew this. And a diversion would have been in order. Surely controllers are trained to know the performance of an aircraft?

From what I saw this week, the attitude of some controllers, does nothing to aide safety. Infact, I would suggest that it threatens safety.

411A
I have always thought that I would like to meet you and listern to some of your wisdom.

Undoubtedly, there would be a large amount you could teach my meagre middle aged years. However there is probably a great deal that you could learn from us “modern” european pilots.

However your posts underly a serious small knob syndrome...