PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 26th Jul 2010, 11:09
bobbydazzler84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ex-Cityboy looks Skyward - Help please

Hello all,

Im 26 years old, and have recently resigned from a Headhunting Job in the City. I have harboured and interest in flying from a young age, and went gliding, did ATC etc...

Im considering getting becoming an airline pilot, I understand that I can get a loan, but fortunately I have saved up some cash which should cover the cost of training. However, I have heard heard the intergrated vs modular debate and am left a bit torn.

A school friend of mine went to CTC and is now at easy jet, he reckons that maybe modular is cheaper, but he thinks that you dont need the added stress of watching you bank balance ebb away when you are taking exams - requiring more landings etc..

Attractions of integration:
  • Learing alongside other people
  • support at hand
  • Campus life - Accom/Gym/stufy facilities etc
  • opportunity to fly abroad
  • Brand of some sort on your CV (worth anything?)
  • Completion - 16 months?
  • Multi Crew - type training included?
Modular
  • Faster completion?
  • Cheaper
  • ???
I understand that CTC/OAA etc are business and they must make money. However are they able to add cost savings by running courses for large numbers of people at one place.

So anyone with who has been there and don that, I would be very grateful to hear from you.