PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice
Thread: Advice
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2002, 23:53
boredcounter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

KLEO,
The last handling agent I saw looking to take on in dispatch was paying 13K on a temp contract........
Late 20's and working in IT, mate even if you are looking to move North from London, before you take the plunge, check the cashflow and listen to waco.
To give you a datum, I am Midlands based, in Airline Ops, with 15 years in, mid 30's 26K, and that includes all bolt ons such as shift pay. Funny, I concider myself to be lucky.I have only relocated twice, and been made redundent twice...........The early years were good fun.
Think hard about it before you decide, and if it IS what you want to do with your life, I am sure all here will help as best we can.
Watch out though, IT IS A BUG and when it bites......................
As for LPL, Emerald seem to be looking for Ops staff most of the time. Search back through this forum, you will find a link to the almost Emerald web site. Read what people have to say, and draw your own conclusions.
Try www.ukoma.org and www.flightinternational.com if you are not at the mo.
It is a hard slog, as I have seen anyways, and when you want to move again, just try and translate into non-aviation what you do.
Ever thought of trying IT within the industry, might just give you an insight, and poss a better salary.........................
Me, as I said, !% years in, a trainset worth £150m, 200 crew, and outside of 9-5 hours....it is all mine, for good or bad.

Do not be put off.

Bored