PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dick Smith's letter to the PM re Tasmania.
Old 26th Jul 2010, 07:37
peuce

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Thanks for lumping that on us F7 ...

My cynic meter has just popped its woofle valve

Australian Airspace Policy Statement 2010
Airspace Act 2007
I, ANTHONY NORMAN ALBANESE, Minister for Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Local Government, make this Statement under section 8 of the Airspace Act 2007.
Dated (10 December) 2009

15. Changes to an existing airspace classification or designation should be the consequence of a clear and consistent risk management process.
16. CASA‟s risk management process should be consistent with published Australian Standards for risk management as updated.

41. The airspace strategy requires transparency so that the aviation industry has clear insight into the way in which airspace administrative decisions will be developed, taken and implemented including industry and agency consultation. The strategy does however recognise there will be times when urgent decisions are required to meet a safety imperative.
Then the CASA Regional Aerodromes report, on which the Minister has based his directive, says:

The Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) recently conducted studies of the 10 Regional Aerodromes (2009-2010). The studies found there were no imminent safety concerns identified at the 10 Regional Aerodromes.
Why do I feel that we have no process anymore ... other than political?
Why am I surprised about this?
Will it ever change ... regardless of incumbent party?

NOPE

P.S. Mr Sandilands, you are free to reproduce this in your column as well