PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2010, 04:34
RTR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good points there.

From Ava
Let them sack me. I would return my uniform feeling proud of having completed a good fight against a nasty piece of management. I couldn't be less bothered as this company is not what it used to be. WW has done nothing but harm in a very short period of time. Some of us are pleased that he's leaving in a couple of months.
I wouldn't count on it!

It is amazing how many times you can easily see what really lies behind the written word. Mostly, BA should listen and do what we tell them to do. BA's management is "nasty" - of course they are - doing what they MUST do to keep the airline flying. And the company is not what it used to be.

Each ignores that BA is a business that has been beaten, bashed and bruised by a union who milked it for their own ends for all these years. It has taken a man like WW to bring the reality of the 21st century into the equation that has no room or need of militant unions. Or, indeed, militant staff who make attempts to impede this process. BASSA has no place to run, they have been rumbled, and it is now their turn to be beaten bashed and bruised. Its over folks and there is no way back to the bad old days.

Make no mistake, WW is not a fool. But he is a business man with good business sense who has refused to be intimidated by a few BASSA militants who have no better way of performing union matters than to use any 'nasty' way they can. Their tactic, there has been only one it seems, is to say to BA - WE DO NOT NEGOTIATE.