PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada Age 60 Limit To End
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2010, 02:39
a330pilotcanada

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Enginefire left, Vic777 and Lost in Saigon

With regards to A.C.P.A. if I remember correctly there was a vote on retirement on age 60 by the member ship and roughly 2/3 supported it and 1/3 did not. By the nature of that vote the M.E.C. went ahead to support this as the memership wanted that direction.

How ever the recent events have appear to have negated the wishes of the majority of the membership.

To suggest that the leadership is "challenged" intellectually would put Ray767 on the same level as he was in senior leadership as well.

Part of the membership dues is for legal help and to use a statement from a management pilot who was very much in his "cups" in FRA he said "we never stand a chance fighting a grievance as A.C.P.A. has more resources at thier disposal than I do".

No union is perfect as I can remember in the C.A.L.P.A. days there was a individual who was voted in for change and each L.E.C. (YUL,YYZ,YWG and YVR) took him into thier well stocked hospitality room at the YYZ Airport Hilton and told him how he would conduct himself. From memory he did the honourable thing and resigned.

That being said the best union would be the Teamsters............