PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA flies back into profit
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2002, 22:27
DarkStar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

I imagine BA's management would be rubbing their hands with glee if they happen to read this thread. Pilots slagging off all other staff, groundstaff complaining about their lot. The truth is all BA staff have seen pay and conditions eroded - and having a pop at each other doesn't help anyone. FSAS has hurt some areas more than others, the Waterworld community have suffered cuts of 30 per cent and even 'frontline' sections have lost around 20 per cent of staff, to be honest I don't know the figures for Crew. I work in a 'frontline' Operational area and it has to be said that there are still glaring cases of the 'haves' and the 'have nots'. Our 'Management' have tabled a 'FSAS roster' where its possible to work 42 days with only 7 days off in that time!!! Naturally, its being resisted but this roster could be imposed - How many other areas face this type of work pattern??? At the moment, when people have gone sick, their desks go uncovered or are only covered by 'time off in lieu' - getting overtime is like gold dust and yet we many other allied areas being offered O/T. LGW groudstaff are really suffering, there simply isn't enough staff to cope, the RJ/ATR fleet cannot seemingly operate for more than 10 mins without going Tech and the LGW Engineers are demoralised, are short in number and spares. Working for BA, you will always see, meet or hear people who are better off and worse off than yourself - lets not play into the Mgmt hands and have a totally divided workforce, its depressing enough as it is! Yes, BA needs its pilots but without ground staff support there would be no operation or passengers.
The fairest pay option is an 'across the board' pay settlement, ALL staff deserve it.