PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LAA CEO Good Value?
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2010, 18:23
Rod1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
“You can take any PtF aeroplane to the CAA,”

That is a very interesting statement. 18 months ago I was doing a comparison of costs. Brian had told me that the CAA could take on any LAA PtoF aircraft. I contacted the CAA to find out how much it would cost to put my MCR on the CAA. After trying quite hard I was told that some LAA aircraft could transfer, but not mine, and that my only option was the LAA. Further research showed that a letter may exist within LAA HQ that throws further light on the situation. Despite further efforts, I could not get hold of the letter or find out who from the CAA wrote it. I posted my results and was contacted by several other people who had attempted the same thing and got the same result, one of whom was a very experienced engineer who regularly negotiated with the CAA in this day job and had many contacts.

If anybody knows anything, which could further my research in this area, I would be happy to take it further, but based on my own attempts, and others, I have to say that the CAA is not an option.

This is not intended in any way to be a criticism of the LAA, who off course have no control over the CAA.

Rod1