PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CF 18 down, Lethbridge, Alberta.
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2010, 16:39
clunckdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having spent a season entertaining the "Ice Cream Lickers" the point must be made that the average Joe in the crowd wouldnt know if the aircraft was at max Alpa or fifteen degrees less, my point being why risk both the aircraft and your neck to demonstrate to less than one in ten thousand that even when flying in lousy conditions with a hangover that you can fly the aircraft to its limit? Only once in a full season did anyone mention to me "you are cheating in your loops, Yes I am," I replied," but I will be here in one piece at the end of the season" . The keener who replaced me managed to kill himself after just a few shows. Well do I remember a BBC interview wth Fangio, in my mind the greatest F1 driver ever, when asked how fast he intended to go he replied, "only just fast enough to win". If one is doing a demo for potential buyers of your airplane then it might pay to fly to the limit, but for Joe Public its a waste of time and effort, as well as not worth the risk to ones own butt!