PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish ATC
Thread: Spanish ATC
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2010, 14:14
Gonzo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know as I wasn't there, but it's conceivable that ATC did get you an extension from either the Spanish FMP or from CFMU direct, depending on where the regulation was. If the extension had been given, why would you assume that you should depart ahead of other aicraft?

Also, What SIDs were you and the others on? What SIDs are coming out after you? What departure separations are there from that runway? Were there any flow restrictions such as MDIs/ADIs in force? What wake vortex category were all the a/c involved? What speed group were all the aircraft? What type were all the aircraft? What were the start approval times/start request times for all the aircraft? Any noise abatement issues? Any separation issues with other airports/runways? What was the filed speed of all the aircraft? What was the filed level of all the aircraft? Any temporary airspace closures? Any problems at the centre which might cause one or more SIDs to catch a delay? Were there any impending events such as runway inspection/taxiway closures/airspace closures coming up? Were there any ground movement control issues about keeping you at the intersection for a few minutes? Were there any GMC issues that meant it was better for you to go from the full length?

When I'm doing departures, this is what I'm thinking of, and more. Once I know that I will get you away in the CTOT window (including any extension, which I probably won't tell you about to be honest), then I attempt to get the greatest number of aircraft away in thew shortest possible time. That might mean you getting airborne at the very end of the window.