PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2010, 09:51
slowjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great Post, 40&80. Gypsy's comments, too, full on.

Just had a much promised and finally executed beer with a chum of mine, forced out last year and would have joined the cull this year, anyway. He was told ,upon joining by Dick Hughes (Crew Control) that Gf was "not a proper Airline, rather, a flying club and should be treated as such. Good bunch of guys, bit of a laugh, reasonably happy flying". Once you started thinking that it was a proper airline, properly structured, talented management etc, you were doomed.

My mate discovered exactly why the pocket of funding was limitless. Those opportunties can be funded through other channels and keeping GF afloat is no longer necessary. The corrupt know that too, have lined, or are lining personal pockets quickly before running away too.

What a damned shame.

I remember sitting in a charter jet,hold point at LHR, when a mighty GF VC10 greased, turned off and headed for the gates. My skipper said to me "THAT is THE Airline to try to get into" ! No longer, and what a tradgedy.

Good luck to all still stuck there. Remember, you are "Commercial Pilots". You do this for Hire or Reward. It matters not what is painted on the side of a plane. Be loyal only to your Licence. Once you see the light (and it must be dimming ,even for the blinkerred), leave & take your professionalism elsewhere.