PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish ATC
Thread: Spanish ATC
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2010, 09:30
Gonzo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heard on the radio in Spain. (Not in BCN or MAD, where they speak Spanish all the time. Except to foreign A/C. So all this BS about not needing to knoe the information falls) "Since your slot is at 15.35 and the time now is 15.28 you have missed your slot and you can not push" Puzzled pilot answers " Do we not have a 10 min window after the CTOT?" Spanish ATC answers (in a very superior voice) "You do not know the rules and you should know better, contact your company for a new slot"
Pilot says "I am sure we can make it within the window" ATC "No it is up to me to decide" Even more puzzled pilot asks humbly "Maybe you can help me?" Spanish ATC " No it is not my job! Cotact your company"

Heard on the radio in England. "Request push and start" this was 15 min before CTOT "You are cleared to push and start" Guess what? There was no sequencing, only one A/C at the airport (the one taking off) and they got airborne 5 min before their CTOT. For all you non ATC/Pilots I tell you that for 30 years this has always been the case and the rules have not changed.
Not sure what your point is here.......are you comparing the two ?