PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LAA CEO Good Value?
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2010, 09:18
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Englishal

As an LAA inspector I don't get involved in the day to day running of the LAA or the politics. My role is to inspect aircraft and uphold the airworthiness standards.

Unfortunatly some times members have to be told that their aircraft fall short of the required standard, sometimes this leads to dis-satisfaction with me personaly or the LAA managment. This dis-satisfaction sometimes spills over into one sided rants on the internet.

I do know some of the LAA management and see them working all hours in the service of the LAA, to question of the CEO attending the world gliding chapionships and then rolling in the issue of the expution of a member is in effect is in effect questioning the managment practices of the LAA on a public forum where they can't put their side of the story.

I don't think that raising these issues on a public forum before all the internal LAA procedures are exhausted is a wise idea as it is only likely that people will withdraw to entrenched positions and make an outcome that is exceptable to all harder to reach.